Saw this over on Thena's Patiently Waiting blog so thought I'd play along today. Click on the graphic to link in at 2nd Cup of Coffee if you'd like to play too!
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Absolutely. I save them and I use them, whether they are an organization that I contribute to or not. The labels have no influence on my charitable contributions one way or the other. Now the fact is, I get so many of them, I don't think I could ever use them all in my lifetime, so I do shred some of them now.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
It depends on my mood and the time of the year. I love star gazing anytime though.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I'll try just about any food at least once, and sometimes more than once, even if I hated it the first time.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
I have no idea what this even means!
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
Italian. It just sounds so romantic.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
I have no plans to have a tombstone.
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
Clueless. As in "I am clueless how to answer this one," not that I'd want my one-name-name to be Clueless. Oh nevermind... and no, not that as a name either...oh forget it.
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
Not really. I do have some favorites, but if I suddenly could not watch them again ever, I'd be okay with that too.
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
My sister is one of those tiny sneezers. Me, I go for the gusto.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
We have a daily subscription because The Cajun likes to "read" (more like browse) it, but I rarely pick it up myself. Except for the food and sale ads.
11. Are you a good speller?
You know, I actually used to care about this. Now, I think it's just silly to get worked up about grammar, with texting and internet shorthand and such. Who cares? Well, unless you're a magazine editor. Or an English comp professor or something like that. RELAX people. That said, errors in a written document sort of jump out at me. These days I just ignore them. And sometimes, I even make some myself. Sometimes totally on purpose.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about
Lost lunch? A lunch that's lost? :) As far as Lost goes, I watch it, sometimes, but really it lost me a long, long time ago. I finally determined that I am one who needs to sit through a marathon from the beginning since a week between episodes is too much for me with this show. But I still watch. Sometimes.
I don't really think about lunch. Unless I'm hungry. Then I eat!
I always enjoy reading these when people participate. It's fun to learn a little more about people. I would be clueless on how to answer some of these too (rock sing? and the nmusician name thing?) hmmm.ReplyDelete
Random Dozen is a lot of fun. It is interesting to get a glimpse of other people out there in blog land.ReplyDelete
until next time... nel
I would love to learn Italian too. I think it sounds romantic too!ReplyDelete
WOW!! this is my first visit to your blog. It is great...and yes, I am pullin for the Saints and we say in the South. I will be back. Have a great Super Bowl weekend.ReplyDelete